Our goal is to provide the campers with an opportunity to retain and develop their skills in a relaxed summer atmosphere.
We will combine exciting adventures with creative opportunities for learning. While forming new friendships
, children will have ample time for play, personal growth
and free exploration
portion of the day will be allotted for the exploration of Montessori materials.
The campers will experience a new theme every week! Each week will include creative art projects, cooking and baking activities,
gardening, and active games.
Children will have a lot of fun playing games and bathing in the sun and water in our beautiful, natural playground.
Aside from field trips
in the community, we plan to bring many interesting activities to the school as well.
At Summer Camp 2013, your child will embark upon
- Week 1 (June 3 – June 7): Plants/Gardens
- Week 2 (June 10 – June 14): Space / The solar system
- Week 3(June 17 – June 21): Science Week: All kinds of experiments
- Week 4 (June 24 – June 28): Polar Regions: (study about it in the middle of the summer!)
- Week 5 (July 1 – July 5): Author Study: Eric Carle.
- Week 6 (July 8 – July 12): Transportation on a land, water, and air
- Week 7 (July 15 – July 19): Top Chef: learning to cook and having a "picnic".
- Week 8 (July 22 – July 26): Dinosaurs. A field trip to the Burpee Museum in Rockford to see the Dinosaur "Jane".
- Week 9 (July 29 – August 2): The Famous Artists (art styles, techniques)
- Week 10 (August 5 – August 9): Bugs: Insects Study
- Week 11 (August 12 – August 16): Weather: Tornados, Hurricanes, Rainbows, Clouds…
The children will visit various continents and countries, discovering their similarities and differences. Specifically, our students will explore the lives of other children, various customs and traditions, different foods, holidays, clothing, games, music, art, and languages all around the world.
Montessori Pathways School
summer hours are 6:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., weekly. Parents have a choice of three daily schedules:
- 6:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. - $250 per week (Lunch Included)
- 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - $200 per week (Lunch Included)
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. - $150 per week (No Lunch)
Rates are based on 5 day enrollment. There is an option of 3 or 2 days per week.
All schedules include ample time for enrichment experiences with outdoor playtime added.